Now Hiring | Terminal Manager – Macon, GA
Location – Macon, GA
Rio Grande Pacific Industrial Rail Services has an opening for an innovative person who has analytical abilities to manage the daily operations of a railroad. The ideal candidate will be safety-oriented, have a solid operations background, and will have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. This person will be responsible to review, recommend and implement operations processes in order to maximize efficiency. Effective on the spot decision-making, as well as the Railroad’s budgeting and business planning process will be an integral part of this position.
- Conducting accident investigations.
- Review of work reports and car movement records for accuracy.
- Hiring and supervising of Train Service personnel to include training, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, disciplining, and resolving problems.
- Knowledge, understanding and compliance of safety, GCOR, and internal policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of railroad operations, including, but not limited to, transportation, maintenance of way, mechanical, and clerical activities. Knowledge of FRA requirements and reporting specific to the operation and movement of trains.
- Previous supervisory experience in railroad operations required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or two years related experience may be substituted for each year of college.
- Certified Locomotive Engineer license preferred.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, with internal and external executive level management.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.